Small Business Facts
According to the Small Business Administration (SBA):
- 60.9% of businesses have fewer than 5 employees.
- 78.6% of businesses have fewer than 10 employees.
- 89.0% of businesses have fewer than 20 employees.
- 98.2% of businesses have fewer than 100 employees.
- 68.0% of businesses are taxed as individuals because they are unincorporated.
The SBA defines a small business as a business with fewer than 500 employees. There are approximately 30.7 million small businesses in the United Sates which account for 99.9% of all businesses.
Nationwide Accounting Services