FAQ - Accounting Services

Our business has some unique bookkeeping requirements. Can you customize your service for us?

Yes. In nearly all cases, we can provide the precise service you require. We are highly flexible and attempt to provide all necessary services for our clients.


What is the difference between bookkeeping and accounting?

Most people use the terms interchangeably but there are technical differences that are not of great significance as long as a client knows exactly what services they will be receiving.

Technically, bookkeeping consists of the recording of financial transactions, and is part of the process of accounting. Accounting focuses on the reporting of an organization's financial information including the preparation of financial statements. Nationwide Accounting Services provides both bookkeeping and accounting services to its clients and the terms are used interchangeably on our website.


Can you provide accounting services in Northern California?

We can provide accounting services anywhere within the United States. We are a nationwide accounting firm.


If we hire Nationwide Accounting Services, will we be dealing with staff located outside the United States?

No. All of the owners and staff live and work in Southern California. You will never be referred to anyone outside of California.


If we hire you, will we be locked into a long term contract?

No. Either party can cancel at any time providing a 60 day notice.


Will we be able do reach you on weekends or after hours if necessary?

Yes. Our clients are provided a cell phone number for afterhours or weekend communications.


Can you assist our homeowner association prepare an annual budget?

Absolutely. We also have an affiliate that provides Reserve Studies for homeowner associations: PacificReserveStudies.com.


Does your company make it a practice to scan all important documents and communications?



What property management software do you use?

We use AppFolio which is a first-class software designed specifically for property management companies and their clients.


How often do you write checks?

Generally, once each week, but we can produce a check within 24 hours if necessary.


How does Nationwide Accounting Services handle payroll?

We highly recommend that our clients utilize the services of a payroll and human resources specialist to work directly with our firm. The large companies keep current on all of the tax and employment laws which provides our accounting clients with the highest level of legal protection. We then work with the payroll and human resources expert from an accounting standpoint ADP, Paychecks, Gusto, OnPay, and Heartland Payroll is a partial list of experienced payroll companies.


Our company has reached the point where we need a controller or chief financial officer to watch over our finances and to deal with the filling of tax returns, and our banking relationship. At this point, we cannot afford to hire a full-time person to fill this important position. What is the solution?

The solution is to hire a part-time chief financial officer-controller who can take your company to the next level. This is one of several services provided by Nationwide Accounting Services.


Can you form a corporation for our business?

Absolutely. The cost is $200 plus the fee to the state which is currently $100. The state also charges an annual fee which is currently $800 per year. Nationwide Accounting Services is incorporated in California. We believe the protections provided to the shareholders of a corporation are well worth the cost.


Can Nationwide Accounting Services refer us to a commercial collection company that collects both accounts receivable and court judgments for its clients?

Yes. Our affiliate, Pacific Rim Commercial Collections (PRC) is a full service business to business commercial collection firm with more than 30 years of experience collecting debts for its clients.


What hours is Nationwide Accounting open for business?

Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to Noon and 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Clients are provided cell phone numbers so we can be reached after hours or on weekends in the event of an emergency.


Can Nationwide Accounting Services help us sell our California business?

Absolutely. NAS works closely with its affiliate, Pacific Business Advisors, a full-service business brokerage firm established by Michael Chulak in 1987.


Does Nationwide Accounting contribute to any charitable organizations?

Yes. We contribute to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Shriner’s Hospital for Children. See Charitable Contributions.


We have a new growing business with limited cash flow. Will Nationwide Accounting Services consider providing accounting services in exchange for our services?

Possibly. Please refer to: Barter for Accounting Services.


Does Nationwide Accounting provide accounting services to mutual water companies located in California?

Absolutely. We provide monthly billing of assessments, the payment of all authorized invoices, transfers to reserve accounts, collection services, and monthly financial statements. We can also refer you to a company that provides management services to mutual water companies anywhere in California.

Nationwide Accounting Services